Family Beach Vacation
... and all the related health benefits
What can be more exiting than a family beach vacation?
Just feeling the sand under your bare feet or get splashed by the waves are things that we cannot have everyday.
BTW: Did you know that Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) sufferers need natural sunlight, not antidepressants or artificial light?
Yes, beach resorts can be veritable health treasures if you look at all benefits they offer, starting with the specific sea climate, sun exposure, sea breeze and the seawater, not to mention the psychological healing effect associated with the idea of:
Health benefits of a beach vacation
I truly believe in the therapeutic benefits of seawater and sun because as a child I spent a lot of wonderful vacations at the sea, where my parents were working as doctors in health sea resorts. - On my Sea Salt Bath page I'm showing what I know about this.
There are mainly 3 major elements related to our health that we can consider when wen we go to the beach
1. Sea Water, abounding in salts and micro elements
A study on the mental changes caused by sea water therapy showed positive psychological effects such as peace of mind, vibrant life, increased energy level, stability and self control, regain of self confidence, better introspection, and improvement of response behavior against stress. It was also noted improvement in the quality of sleep.
The sea salt helps the body to get rid of toxins and by - products of metabolism via the lymph system, which is valuable in the elimination of trapped fluids around the thighs, knees and ankles.
The sea bathing therapy also called Thalassotherapy, increases circulation, assists in the rejuvenation of the cells, in the appearance of the skin and relaxes the body through immersion in warm seawater.
Brine waters are also believed to help certain children's diseases, including hypotrophy, respiratory infections and enuresis (involuntary urination).
2. Sea Breeze, rich in negative ions
These negative particles (negative ions) provide a refreshing, invigorating effect. They also help increase well being, physical and mental capacity.
Have you ever wondered why people living around the Mediterranean Sea and other bodies of water high in salt content tend to have healthy skin, few respiratory issues, and overall well-being?
The sea breeze helps balance our body energies and relieves depression. Being in the
Inhaling the salty air produced be the evaporation of the sea water
can be effective in helping treat asthma, sinus allergies and
other respiratory problems
The sea air is also full of seawater particles rich in iodine, which helps regulate the thyroid gland.
3. Sunlight and Ultraviolet Radiation - Heliotherapy
Every person needs sunlight exposure to create vitamin D. Obesity impairs vitamin D absorption... says Dr. Michael Holick, author of "The UV advantage" and one of the world's most respected authorities on vitamin D and the health benefits of natural sunlight.
In his book: "The Healing Sun", D. Richard Hobday explains how and why we should welcome sunlight back into our lives - safely! It shows how sunlight was used to prevent and cure diseases in the past, and how it can heal us and help us in the future.
Sunlight was first used successfully as medication when children with deformed bones (rickets) were exposed to it, which corrected the deformity.
To prevent osteoporosis for instance, a daily gradual exposure to sunlight can be a natural way to increase calcium absorption into the bones).
Use sunlight to your advantage to lower unnecessary cholesterol deposits and promote formation of denser bones.
Beach activities and exposure to the sun are also very important for child development and health.
Family Beach Vacation made easy
Family Vacation Resorts
When selecting a family-friendly beach resort, make sure you really put on your list something special which makes it stand out as a family beach vacation destination.
Many family vacation resorts have programs for kids and facilities for families, such as a separate swimming pool for small children and children's menus at the restaurants. Some places are famous while others are relatively unknown or new.
To narrow down your options, consider the following:
- What kind of vacation activities are there: snorkeling, surfing, golf courses and shopping?
- Would you rather be on a large beach, or a smaller beach?
- Do you want the luxuries of a five-star resort or do you prefer to keep the costs down by staying in a condo and cooking some of your own meals?
- Does a reef protect the beach so that the waves do not get too large?
- Are you looking for a family beach vacation involving kids?
- you may want to consider a larger living space, home like conditions and security, and last but not least a budget price.
All Inclusive Family Resorts
The majority of All-Inclusive Caribbean Vacations including beach vacation resorts in Mexico provide your hotel room, or appartment, meals, all beverages, and a lot of fun activities for all ages, all in one price. Find more information and news on all inclusive family resorts.
Looking for a Luxury Family Vacation?
The Luxury Included Family Vacation can make a difference:
- Kids are treated like royalty, in generously styled family suites and in an array of programs catering especially to toddlers, tweens and teens.
- Expertly trained caregivers provide enriching, entertaining experiences for the little guests, and older children get their own spaces in game rooms and other hangouts where they can make new friends - while parents relish private time with each other.
- You can even have all meals, drinks and snaks at the beach if you want
- This kind of family beach vacation brings families together, enabling mom, dads and kids to reconnect with each other, far removed from the stress of everyday life.
Are you looking for a family beach vacation as retired person(s)?
- you may want to consider a place that allows you to stay longer, like one month (or even more), without having to pay the exorbitant price of a hotel.
A good solution may be Vacation Rentals:
These are typically private homes or apartments that are rented out to travelers when they are not in use by their owners.
There are properties professionally managed with dedicated on-site help, and properties rented directly by the owners, and and you can find them now all over the world, in most dream destinations.